Eaton’s professional team includes a Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor and a Certified Public Accountant to meet all of your business and personal accounting and needs.
We offer several options for getting your Accounting needs met. This includes option for using QuickBooks Software and getting your files ready for use. Whatever you choose, we’ll make sure your accounting is perfect and running smoothly in no time.
Having QuickBooks setup correctly from the start will save you from headaches down the road. If you prefer to setup QuickBooks on your own, we offer you the peace of mind knowing that your file is setup appropriately to produce accurate financial information. We will review and correct errors in the QuickBooks file you setup. We will inform you of the errors we found and the corrections we made, as well as provide suggestions for enhancements.
Complete Custom Setup
We will install and setup your QuickBooks file so that you’ll start off on the right foot. We will setup fundamental functions specific to your company and provide a basis for setting up other features. You’ll get:
- Fully customized preferences
- Fully customized chart of accounts and associated tax reporting
- One customer and one vendor entered as an example for setting up others
- 5 items setup (such as inventory or sales tax) to serve as guides for others
Reports and forms personalized to reflect the look of your business, such as:
- Sales receipts
- Purchase Orders
After you select your desired set up, then we need to look at if you will need multiple users in the system and if so how many, what kind of training and which features are required. We will create a list of items that will be needed for the initial set up.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. We will complete this task for you including procedure documentation as needed.
Accounting Software Needs Discovery and Solution Match
We offer other programs too that may be a better fit for your needs including Sage 50 PeachTree and Sage 100 ERP MAS 90. We will give you the options you need to make the right choice for your business.
Monthly and Quarterly Bookkeeping Services
Bookkeeping can be very time-consuming and it might NOT be cost-effective to hire an employee to do it for you. We offer comprehensive all-inclusive bookkeeping at a flat or hourly rate to make your job easier and provide you more time to focus on your business.
- Record transactions from bank and credit card statements
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Year-end adjusting journal entries
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Record sales and customer payments
- Record expenses and bills paid
- Sales and use tax reporting
- 1099 reporting
Reconciling business checking accounts each month allow us to keep your bank account, current and taxes up-to-date. Reconciling your account monthly allows you to…
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing? You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage cash effectively. Proper management not only saves money, it makes money.
- Protect yourself with timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough.
- Sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and those funds, accounts, checks and disbursements are properly accounted for.
We provide year-end bookkeeping services for companies that have not kept up with their bookkeeping throughout the year and need to catch-up before filing taxes. A custom quote for our service will be given at the time of the request.
An income statement, also known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period. An income statement allows you to…
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance.
- Determine what areas of your business is over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify items that are causing unexpected expenditures.
- Track increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time. A balance sheet helps you…
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
- Determine if your business can handle the financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses?
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves?
- Determine if your business can slow down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage?
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit their budgets. Your exact needs will be determined and priced accordingly.
Please fill out our contact form to get started!